Monday, May 30, 2011

August 2010

So....to play a little catch-up, I thought I would create a short post for each month that I missed...so bear with me!  This should teach me to never let my blog go again! :)


August...
  This month was crazy!  We spent a week vacationing to the beautiful state of Colorado!  I love it there.  We went all the time as a kid with my parents.  Haven't been in several years - until this summer!  My parents decided that they would rent this AMAZING HOUSE in the mountain of Durango so that all the kids and grandkids could have a relaxing week enjoying God's beautiful creation!  It was wonderful!  We had a great time!  Everett go to ride the Silverton train - which was like he had died and gone to heaven!  He adores trains!  It was the highlight of the summer for him!  He asks about it all the time and can't wait to go back and ride it again!  We had a great time!  Here are a few pics from the vacation!



Drefke Family Picture
This was taken on the deck of the house we were staying in.
That view was just amazing!

Ha!  I love that this is the picture
 I am using in this post....
Chris just LOVES family picture time! :)
Waiting to get on the train! He is so happy!
He could hardly contain himself! Fun times!



Pure JOY!
Our little family enjoying the mountain air on our train ride!
LOVE!


ABOVE:  The front of the train about to go
around the bend.
It was such a beautiful view!
Everything was breathtaking!

LEFT: Pa D and Everett getting off
the train in Silverton
 



Gotta love this!
While in Silverton we took this old timey picture!
We have one of just Mom, Dad, Matt, and me in about 1985 - from our last trip to Silverton!
PRICELESS!!!
Thought I would go ahead and add this in just for kicks....circa 1985!
Same picture location as the photograph above!

No comments: