Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Bucket List!

Day 2 of 31 Days To Build A Better Blog...

This summer has yet to start (I'm a teacher with 2 days of school left), and I am already full swing into planning out and making lists of everything I want to accomplish with my lil man - Everett, my hubby - Chris, just for myself, or with all three of us together!  So...here it goes - my list!

Summer Bucket List!

1. BECOME A BETTER BLOGGER!
I have to say...I think this challenge is going to help kick off my first goal! I want to learn so much more      about making different types of posts and growing my followers!  One of my favorite things about blogging is the people that I follow and getting a glimpse into their lives.  Over the upcoming weeks, I hope to create habits that I can keep once the busy school year starts up in the fall!
    

2. MAKE THE MOST OUT OF MY TIME WITH EVERETT!
As a working mom, I sometimes feel guilty that another figure is molding and shaping my child more hours of the day than I am.  He is at such an impressionable age, that I want to make sure I start taking advantage of ALL the time I have with him to instill the beliefs and values in him that Chris and I feel are important!  One of our number one goals in raising Everett, is to make sure he receives the best education possible and that he develops a love for learning! 

Here are a few things I have lined up (or in mind) as summer quickly approaches:
*Daily School Time using a pre-school workbook
*Fun Days at Hawaiian Falls, Six Flags, and our local zoo's      
  and aquarium
*Story time at our local library
*Swimming Lessons
*Muffin Tin Meals
*Home Depot Kids Workshops
*First visit to the BEACH!
*DISNEYWORLD in August!
*First plane ride
*AND...whatever else suits our fancy!

Okay all you fabulous Momma's out there....what are you doing with your kids this summer? I am open to any and all ideas, simple or complicated! 

Let me hear your ideas!

3. GET (and keep) OUR HOME UNDER CONTROL!
It is truly amazing at how much STUFF...let's just be frank and call it JUNK we seem to accumulate over the course of a year.  I always feel as though my summer involves cleaning out, throwing out, organizing, and straightening!  Am I alone in this? Surely not....I have always considered myself somewhat of an orderly and neat person. 


These are the things I want to accomplish at home:
*Creating and keeping to a cleaning schedule!
*Get some new recipe's together and attempt to make dinner more 
  than 3 times per week.
*Clean out closets and cabinets in all areas of the house.
*Label and organize as many things as I can.

If you have great organization skills and would like to share....PLEASE, be my guest! :)


4. GROW MY POLKA DOT QUEEN BUSINESS!
If you didn't already know, about 2 summers ago I started a little business!  I could never have imagined that I could get paid for doing something I love to do so much.  It truly is a stress relief to get to be creative!  I receive enough orders to keep me busy - sometimes a little too busy, but I'm not complaining!
In fact, it is just the opposite.  It is my desire to grow and improve my business this summer!


This is what is in the works.....
*Update and re-design my Polka Dot Queen blog  
(as I not only slacked on this blog over the past year)!
*Create business essentials such as packaging, letterhead, shipping processes, and more.
*Widen the variety of products offered.




AND....I have a feeling this list is going to have me BUSY AS EVER!

8 comments:

Theresa said...

I am right there on the blogging front with you, I plan on spending time with my 9yr old swim & singing lessons, visiting her older siblings, a trip to Lake Tahoe, CA. Oh, yes that organization is on my list too & then opening my shop!! I will be posting fun, creative crafty things to do with kids on my craft blog. What a great start to the summer count down! Theresa

Unknown said...

Oh boy - I'm headed to your house for the summer. Looks like tons of fun! =D

Kaylee said...

Theresa....can't wait to go check out your blog! Love all things crafty!

Liberty's Yarn...come join the fun!

PS...just revised my post. Added pics and changed up the format just a little! Loving this challenge and all the advice!

Lotte Lu and Brother Too said...

I love your list post! It is formatted PERFECTLY! I'm a sucker for lists within a list!

It sounds like you have a great summer planned, and I look forward to reading all you future blog posts!

You have such a cute little family!

Tricia Nae said...

Love this post!! Y'all will have such a fun summer. SO jealous of the Disney trip. I haven't been since I was 7!!! And, you already know how I feel about your painting skills!!!

Kimberly said...

Those are some wonderful goals for the summer! I like all of the ideas you have for different outings. Disneyworld?? I'm SO jealous!

Following from the SITS group! :)

Unknown said...

Ahh - you actually have a plan - maybe I should make a plan - one is the 31 day challenge and upgrade my blog (yay group 35) and the other is to actually clean the apartment and go through the 8 years of school notes that are on the floor of my study so that I could actually reach (and use) my desk!

Thanks for the inspiration - your family is beautiful by the way!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your blog AND your list!